Auction Rules Without Reserve
- Upon entry, each guest will be given a bid card. To bid in the live auction, simply hold up your bid card so the auctioneer or a spotter can see it. To bid in the silent auction, write your name and phone number on the silent auction bid form.
- A bid acknowledged by the auctioneer is a legal contract to purchase the item. In the silent auction, your bid is a legal contract to purchase if it is the last, highest bid which is acceptable.
The silent-auction tables will close at different times. Please refer to the signs on the silent-auction tables for closing times. The last entry on the bid sheet determines the buyer. All silent-auction items must be paid for the evening of the auction.
- Although information has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneer makes no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. Please take the opportunity to inspect items prior to the auction. Statements by the auctioneer at time of sale will take precedence.
- Top bidders may pay for their items at the cashier table, which will be open throughout the live auction and at the final announcement of the close of the silent auction. It is not necessary to pay for each item after its purchase, and we encourage you to pay for your purchases all at once. Payment in full at the auction is mandatory.
- Payment may be made by cash, personal check, or card (American Express, MasterCard, VISA or Discover). Please make checks payable to the MSU Billings Foundation. Make payments to the cashiers located in the Grand Tent.
- In a shared bid for an item, only one purchaser can be responsible for payment at the cashier table.
- All purchases are final.
- Arrangements for special events must be completed within one year of the auction, unless otherwise specified. Arrangements should be made directly with the lot sponsor. This information will be provided to you.
- Your payments are tax deductible only for the part of your bid that is in excess of the fair market value of the item purchased. Receipts are available from the Foundation upon request.